SERVICES What We Do
Special Event Genie® is a boutique full-service wedding and event planning company based out of Los Angeles, CA. We service the entire Southern California area and beyond.
We plan your dream wedding, imaginative Bar/Bat Mitzvah, fancy bridal or baby shower, creative party and powerful corporate event. And, we help you celebrate all the events of your life in between. Our passion for planning affairs has taken us around the United States for destination events as well.
All your life, you’ve dreamed of how special your wedding day will be… now it’s time to make it a reality! And, the very best way for that is to let a professional wedding planner handle all the details. Special Event Genie®, will embrace your vision and guide you through the mountain of preparations while keeping her eye on YOUR budget. It’s a fact… weddings are stressful. Why not have Special Event Genie take care of everything for you so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your own wedding! And, if you only need help on your actual Wedding Day, we’re also here to help.
Planning your special event? Why not let Special Event Genie®, handle all the details for you. We’ve the professional training, experience and a knowledge of diverse cultural etiquette. Maybe it’s a Bar Mitzvah or Quinceañera… Special party or Corporate Event… OR anything in between. You’ll feel pampered and well cared for as you’re offered a range of choices. You’ll save time and money from our special relationships with event vendors. And, most importantly, you’ll receive the best value for your budget and unique requirements.
Why Special Event Genie (R)
Simply put, Special Event Genie® cares about you and your wedding or event as if it’s our own. With over 20 years of experience, we’re experts in perfecting the details and creating the extraordinary… all so your big day will be uniquely special..
Ricki Lewis, AKA Special Event Genie®, has been planning Weddings and Events for over 20 years. Her flair for detail and special skills offer a unique package of style, creativity, organizational planning and sensitivity perfect to help with the orchestration of your own memorable event.
As an intensely busy professional, you can depend on Special Event Genie® to make your planning process as stress-free and simple as possible. Simple isn’t easy, but you’ll find it a breeze working with our imaginative team.
PRICING Wedding & Event Packages
Special Event Genie(R) has five wedding and five event packages to suit your budget and individual needs. Your packages range from the all encompassing Platinum option to the “Day Of” Coordination package… to the “hybrid” custom option. Let’s talk about your unique needs and budget… and determine what’s best for you!
PORTFOLIO Our Amazing Work
- Dear Sweet Ricki, Where can I start . . .First and foremost thank you for all your organized help with our wedding. You have been a role model I can look up to because of how strong and talented you are. From day one in planning our wedding, it has been a joy working with you and all your advice was beyond helpful! You were sweet and generous & we can’t thank you enough for everything! Love
- In less than a week, Special Event Genie put together my mom's funeral reception for 150+ people. It was elegant, tasteful, and surprisingly reasonable! The food was perfect, the servers were attentive, and the décor was lovely. My son said, "Grandma would approve of this, and you know how high-maintenance she was." (Mom really was, bless her.) Ricki took such a load off my shoulders during a terribly difficult time. She is part event planner, part therapist, and 100% awesome.
- We hired Ricki Lewis of Special Event Genie for our wedding. We really did not want to wait the usual 9 to 12 months of planning. Once we were granted permission to have our wedding at USC, we called Ricki.This was only six weeks before our wedding date! Ricki totally shared our vision of the look and feel of our wedding decor. She designed our invitations and RSVP management! She even went out of her way to walk the entire University to make sure all departments had the required permits approved and all money was paid. Ricki and her team stayed the entire day, to make sure everything went smoothly from start to finish. We cannot say enough about her attention to detail and to our individual needs. She has a can-do attitude and never gives up. We could not have done this without her guidance and assistance every step of the way. We are so appreciative! Thank you Ricki!
- Ricki: There are not enough words to describe how thankful we are for everything you did for us. You are truly amazing. We were able to have an amazing wedding thanks to your help. Also, your “something old” was the perfect present for the most important day in our lives.
- Dear Ricki, We would like to thank you for all that you did to help with our wedding. You came into our wedding plans very late in the game, and yet you still found things to help us with. We appreciate all of the time that you invested in contacting our vendors, and setting up accurate times for deliveries. You helped make our rehearsal and wedding day successful. The Planning Genie® software that you designed is absolutely magnificent and we would suggest it to be used for every wedding for organization and accuracy. You and your Planning Genie® App were very informative about procedure of the processional and recessional. We believe that things would not have run as smoothly without your help. Again, we appreciate all of your help and time in helping make our wedding perfect.
- If anyone is getting married, you need to have Ricki plan everything, cause she is the best in the business. She handles everything from the cake, flowers, and is with you every step of the way. She is graceful and really listens to what you want. I would recommend her to everyone I know who is getting married. She is AMAZING!
- Ricki, Thanks so much for all your help to make our wedding day truly memorable. Your insights from your other weddings were undoubtedly useful in making our day go smoothly and for that we are thankful. Love & Thanks
- All the scenes of our wedding including: the processional, at the altar, the recessional and reception seating diagrams that Ricki produces with her Planning Genie® App is extraordinary. Now we have them as a keepsake of our wedding party.
- Ricki works so hard and really cares about her clients. She goes above and beyond the basics and thinks of everything. It was reassuring to have her at our wedding making sure everyone was happy.
- Gail,I recommended Ricki to work on a relative’s wedding. She did a great job and worked with the bride throughout the entire process. She was able to gauge the bride’s needs and accommodate her. Ricki was able to provide discounts through her many contacts. Ricki knows all the pitfalls and possible problems that can occur throughout the wedding planning process. She works hard to prevent any mishaps from occurring. She was on call and present whenever the bride needed her and worked hard at the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. It was a beautiful wedding and everything went seamlessly. Bravo, Ricki!!!!
- I can not say enough good things about Ricki! I had the pleasure of working with her on a wedding a few weeks ago and she is the most organized and easy to work with event planner I have come across in my six years in the business. As the business owner of the venue she had a wedding at, I had the chance to work with her very closely. I can confidently say she really will make your life easier. She has created a program that she creates custom floor plans for your event! This made the event very easy to run and creates very impressive floor plans. She communicates very thoroughly and is very efficient with her planing but more importantly she is genuinely a kind and person to be around!! I highly recommend Ricki and Special Event Genie for any event. I am sure that we will be working together again in the near future. Thanks Ricki!
- Thanks for a wonderful party.
- Dear Ricki – The Celebration of Life for Jan was, as so many people said, beautiful . . . You and your very capable co-workers along with your choice of caterer and florist made it all the more so. Many people raved about the food in particular. Your video expert also did a great job creating a very wonderful slide show. So thank you once again for a very fine job well done.
- Ricki throws the greatest parties! Her events leave no detail untouched. Everything is perfect. And the best part is how much money she saves. Ricki and Special Event Genie have been doing events for my business group Wildfire Networking for several years now. We have annual holiday parties with sit down dinners and dancing to a dj. Always gorgeous decorations, great food, good drinks, and at least 75 people. Ricki also arranges quarterly cocktail parties we call “mixers” and scores some great locations around West Los Angeles for us. I am looking forward to having her help with my next big birthday party! Call Special Event Genie if you want your wishes granted perfectly!
- I have planned birthdays for many years, and this time, I needed someone to take over so I can finally enjoy my daughter’s 7th birthday. For someone as meticulous as me, It’s hard to find someone who I can fully trust. When I met Ricki, I knew she was the one. The love and passion she has catering service for Client is beyond. Ricki loves to ensure that clients are well taken care of as soon as she steps in. She is well organized, on track, and knows what follow through means. We are grateful for having you in our event, I was able to enjoy my time and savor every detail of the party because someone like you were there to take care of things. I am happy to gain a friend in you and much more, thank you for taking care of my daughter’s party. There is a saying that “the only way to do great work is to love what you do” – You are an epitome of that quote in all aspect. You are highly recommended and I will definitely use your service again and again and again. More blessings to come to you and your business.
- Ricki organized a weekend of parties for my husband’s 90th birthday–an informal house party of 40, and then a formal dinner party for 100 people. She handled both extremely well and without a hitch. We were impressed with her enthusiasm and her ability to suppress her own ideas in order to allow ours, though often her ideas were the better, and we gladly used them. Many people have told us that ours was the best party they had ever attended and we thank Ricki for helping to make it so. We recommend her happily to future clients and wish her well in her career.
- Ricki will save you time, money and heartache. She’s a pro whether you need a major event organized and executed, or a smaller gathering done right. She can even make a Sunday evening football barbecue epic. Thank you Ricki!
- Since I am so busy with my business, I hired Ricki to create a party for my ten-year-old son in our back yard. I wanted the party to be fun for the parents as well as the kids. I only had three weeks to put the whole thing together and Ricki responded right away. The next day she came by to measure the back yard and determine how many tables we could fit comfortably while still having room for the kids to play games.Ricki had no problem keeping to my budget! She immediately contacted her rental company to order tables, chairs and linens in my son’s favorite colors. She was most thoughtful asking my son what games he and his friends liked to play. She bought party favors for the kids including sports memorabilia and Minecraft toys.Ricki even hired a bartender that made “mocktails” for the kids named in honor of my son. I was very pleased in the way Ricki acted as “mother hen” during the entire party, making sure everyone was happy and having a good time. She arrived early to set up and stayed an extra hour afterward to clean up and make sure my home was better than she found it! I would highly recommend Ricki, the Special Event Genie!Thank you, Ricki!
- Ricki took personal responsibility for our 50th anniversary celebration just two weeks before the event: she worked effectively with everyone we'd already arranged to support the event and brought her own teams in to fill in the gaps. Ricki is warm, professional and incredibly responsive. We had a great event and Ricki was a key reason everyone who attended had a great time.
- Ricki - Thank you for everything you have helped us do over the last few months. We are so grateful!
- If you are looking for the most professional wedding planner in Los Angeles, Special Event Genie is where you will find them. My brother got married this past July and there are no words to describe the impeccable service my brother’s fiancé and our family received. We took the full planning package, they took care of everything since we both work full time, collected our RSVP cards which were sent to their office (saving us a lot of time and worry), updated our guest list for each RSVP, booked all the vendors, created the timeline, floor plans, distributed payments to the vendors, they did so much I don't even know where to start! There were also many details in the design that we wanted and Special Event Genie gave us their professional advice. After I witnessed it all come together, we were so happy that we listened because they really do know their stuff. Trust me, from the past bride to the current bride, hire a professional - they save you time, money, stress, so you can enjoy this special time in your life.
- Dear Ricki, Cameron & I cannot thank you enough for everything you did to ensure the success of our wedding day! I hope you will agree that the decor turned out lovely - your hard work and meticulousness (plus our referral for lighting) made it all come together. The fact that you made yourself available to us more or less 24/7 did not go unnoticed, and throughout the whole wedding process you proved your value again and again. Thank you for being our advocate, personal shopper, and friend time and time again. We would love to work with you again in the future (anniversary, baby shower and birthday parties, God willing!)
- We celebrated my mother's life on Saturday November 10 with the help of Special Event Genie. Ricki and Robin were phenomenal! We had a church service at 2:00 p.m. and a reception at the house at 5:30 p.m. Even though I have lots of experience throwing parties, doing this after my mother passed was daunting. Ricki made sure no detail was missed. She was on top of everything from the beginning. She arranged the food, the bar, the rentals, the music, the invitations, and a myriad of other details. She followed up with me daily but gently.
- Ricki, did an amazing job helping put together our daughter's Quinceanera. She was very detailed, knowledgeable of the celebration and meaning of our Mexican traditions. Her suggestions were amazing and helpful. She suggested baile Folklorico for our reception... and it was a total success. All of our guest enjoyed the performances. She is amazing, we definitely recommended her services. She makes your planning so much less stressful! We love you Ricki!
CONTACT US For Your Next Event!
FREE ONE-HOUR CONSULTATION!
Reserve your FREE one-hour consultation TODAY.